Vegetable & Turkey Meatloaf
This turkey meatloaf has tons of veggies in it! Light & flavorful!
- 1 1/4 pound ground turkey
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 2 small zucchini shredded
- 1 large celery stalk finely chopped
- 3 medium carrots shredded
- 1 red bell pepper finely chopped
- 1/2 pound mushrooms chopped
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup apples peeled & pureed *can use unsweetened applesauce instead
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley finely chopped
- 1/4 cup liquid egg substitute
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a loaf pan with foil
- Spray a nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Saute the onion until softened, about 3-5 minutes. Add the carrots, celery, and bell peppers, and cook for another 3-5 minutes until veggies are softened. Ads zucchini, garlic, and mushrooms & saute for about 3 minutes.
- Combine the turkey, oats, parsley, egg substitute, apple, tomato paste, paprika, salt, and pepper. Fold in the veggies.
- Put the mixture in the loaf pan & shape into a loaf shape with your hands.
- Bake until browned and meat inside is thoroughly cooked, about 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and let stand 10-15 minutes. Slice & serve.
Recipe adapted from Laloosh.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!