Classic zucchini parmesan! This easy recipe is one of our favorite ways to use zucchini. Make it even fresher & tastier with this recipe for Speedy Cherry Tomato Sauce.
- 3-4 zucchini
- 1 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 batch of Speedy Cherry Tomato Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 425°. Slice each zucchini in half. Then, cut each half into 3 long strips, yielding 12 strips total.
- In a shallow dish, stir together the breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Crack 2 eggs into a dish and whisk.
- Dip each zucchini piece into the egg mixture and then coat with the breadcrumb mixture. Place each breaded zucchini piece on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Then, flip the pieces over and bake for another 4-6 minutes, until crispy and golden brown.
- Serve the zucchini pieces over your favorite pasta. Top with sauce.
Recipe from Destination Delish.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!