Orange Glazed Chicken
- 1 pound chicken breast cut into bite sized pieces
- kosher salt to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons grape seed oil (or any high flash point oil-canola oil, peanut oil, etc...)
- Orange Glaze Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely grated orange zest
- For Serving:
- Chopped cilantro or parsley for garnish
- Serve with rice couscous or quinoa
- Make the orange glaze: Add orange juice, soy sauce, and brown sugar in a saucepan. Bring the mixture to a simmer over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally cook until the mixture is reduced to 1/2 cup and it is sticky and coats the back of a spoon, about 15-20 minutes. Stir in the orange zest. While the glaze reduces, cook the chicken in another pan.
- In another pan, heat oil on medium-high heat. Add chicken and season with salt and pepper. Cook chicken until cooked through and crispy on edges, about 3-5 minutes depending on how big your chicken pieces are.
- When both the chicken and glaze are done, combine them together in one of the pans and cook for another 2-3 minutes, to thicken the glaze slightly more and coat the chicken well with the orange glaze
- Garnish with cilantro or parsley and serve over warm rice, couscous or quinoa.
any consistency, so you can decide how long you want to cook the sauce. The longer you cook, the thicker the
sauce becomes. Recipe from whiteonricecouple.com.